Hi, my name is Nikola. Nice to meet you.
New to Codeable, but a seasoned full-stack developer who started his journey in 2013 while studying Tourism.
I discovered web development by taking an elective course called “Introduction to e-business” at the mentioned college. I fell in love with the logic and everything about coding the first moment I wrote my first line of code.
Never stopped learning since then.
Certified Codeable WordPress Expert Developer since March 2020.
In 2014 I started taking my first freelance projects that were mostly HTML and CSS-only small website builds. Now, after 7 years, I am a full-stack developer with probably more than 500 successfully finished projects and countless lines of code :)
I specialize in crafting custom WordPress websites that are optimized from day one of “going live” (SEO, Load time, Accessibility, mobile responsive, pixel perfect, and cross-browser/platform compatible).
I try not to use jQuery and Bootstrap (in order to achieve the best speed and scores possible), but if that’s the client’s request, I will use them as I have a good experience with them or any other UI framework.
What I can do for You in summary
- Code a custom WordPress theme based on any design format( PSD, AI, Figma, Xd, Sketch)
- Tweak/fix and customize your existing website
- SEO, Load-Time, and accessibility optimization
- Install and configure plugins
- Audit your website and propose steps for improvement (SEO and Load-Time)
- SVG animation
- Integrate 3rd party APIs; Google Maps, Gmail, MailChimp to name a few
- Code a custom React web app
- Code a React Native mobile app
- Code a static website or a landing page
What I don’t do or prefer not working with
- While I respect WP premium themes, and page builders (and there a lot of the great ones these days), I prefer not working with them since as I stated above, I am focusing on a custom written and optimized code that makes it possible for me to create a fast, reliable and easy to manage solution based on your needs without unnecessary dependencies and plugins.
- While I work with WooCoommerce, and know it, right now I am not taking Woo projects (I plan to start working with it again soon).
My core skills and values (a.k.a. Why work with me?)
- Excellent communication and project management
- Prompt response
- Careful planning and asking the right questions before the project starts (this reduces the need for many revisions, and makes sure you haven’t overlooked something by accident)
- Professional in every sense
- Clean, modularized and well-documented code
- Overall rating of 5/5 since 2014.
- “Everything is feasible and solvable” attitude
- Quick turnaround time (respecting the deadlines and often delivering earlier)
- During development and upon completion, I test the project in all the major browsers, devices, and operating systems to make sure the website is smooth, performant and bug-free
Tech I am working with every day:
- React Native
- Node (Express)
- Google’s Firebase
- Google Maps API
- Places API
- AWS s3
- Ping Identity API
- MailChimp API
- HubSpot API
Tech and languages on my learning list for 2020
- Flutter (Dart)
- Shell scripting
- Cloud (Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Azure)
- Machine learning
Some of the selected projects from my portfolio
One of the largest clients I had the privilege of working with so far was Dreamhost.
Dreamhost’s Blog – I coded a custom blog with custom ad management functionality based on their designs.
A few other notable projects I’ve done recently are:
SiliPint – Redesign of their old website based on the designs their team provided. It’s built with extensive use of ACF Pro (Flexible Content field especially as they wanted to reuse and reorder sections across websites’ pages). The main focus of the redesign was implementing a custom cart logic that adds and removes gift products and discounts based on the cart’s total value. It’s all custom, without plugins (except for the ACF Pro, which in my opinion is not a plugin but a great tool that makes a lot of the problems easier to manage)
➤ Beach Front Property Management
Beach Front Property Management – A beautiful redesign of the old website with Technical SEO and ease of use as main focuses).
➤ Onsen Education
Onsen Education – Again, custom WordPress website with hero animation as the main focus. The challenging part was realizing browser and device inconsistencies about the scroll animations. Especially MacBook’s trackpad that would glitch while it worked perfectly on every other platform and browser. But that was taken care of in the end. Apart from the scroll animation, the site uses Gmail API to send emails and has a cool little Tinder-line “slider” for the tutors’ section when visiting the website from a mobile device.
Refuge Point – Custom WordPress theme that I did as lead developer for the project for an agency I worked with at that point. It used the framework based on Timber (with Twig templating). I am especially proud of the world map animation I did to showcase their engagements through time. It is an SVG animated map that pulls dynamic data from the website (ACF Pro).
For more examples of projects, complete case studies about them and past clients’ feedback feel free to visit my website: WebRedone
This is also my best-optimized website so far:
* Performance 93 out of 100
* Accessibility 97 out of 100
* Best Practices 100 out of 100
* SEO 100 out of 100
* It loads in 1.8 seconds and has only 13 initial requests (Tested on GTmetrix)
What some of my past clients have said about me
I love crafting custom solutions that help solve your business problems, are performant, scalable, and a breeze to maintain through the intuitive admin interfaces.
If you like what you see here, I would be privileged to be able to help with your awesome project! So feel free to reach out :)
Nikola did a wonderful job for me. He was so easy to communicate with, and understood exactly what I needed. Everything happened much faster than I expected, and the results look great. I will be asking him to take on future tasks as well.
Nikola provided a fast and efficient service. Great communication throughout. Would certainly use again.