Why Choose Me?
Turn The High Bounce Rates Into High Conversion Rates With Lightning Fast Site Speeds
If you’d like your WordPress/WooCommerce site loading at lightning fast speed and handling massive traffic volumes so that visitors hang around longer and continue buying from you (instead of bouncing off out of frustration from slow load times)… then keep on reading…
My name is Mike Andreasen.
I’m a WordPress Optimization Expert who’s known for helping clients recover previously lost revenues by getting their sites stable and running at lightning fast speeds through back-end optimization.
Throughout the years, I’ve been helping eCommerce shop owners, famous bloggers and affiliate marketers who make anywhere between $100K – $1M in revenue from their WordPress/WooCommerce sites.
Usually, clients will first reach out to me because their:
- WordPress/WooCommerce site is experiencing high bounce rates and site crashes from pesky 502, 503 and 504 errors.
- Google AdSense isn’t capturing maximum revenue OR their affiliate earnings are taking a hit from slow site load times and crashes from heavy traffic spikes.
- Site performance is tanking from a clogged up database that’s blowing up with all sorts of issues.
- $100K – $1M+ in revenue is going down the drain as their site traffic exits in frustration due to slow loading pages and high server response times.
- Google PageSpeed test is unable to hit the “seemingly-impossible-to-achieve” 90+ green zone.
- SEO rankings risk being taken away as Google notices their site’s consistently bad performance and user experience.
- 100,000 – 1,000,000 unique visitors yearly will be whisked away by Google as they yank their ranking away and hand it over to someone more deserving.
If any of these awful situations sound a little more familiar than they should, then I’ve got the skills and know-how needed to get it all under control… so that you can get back to running your business and living life without the constant dread that your site will fall apart someday.
Your Site Will CONTINUE Bleeding Out Tons Of Revenue Unless You Solve Your Performance Issues At A Root Level
I carry a very contrarian view on how to fix WordPress performance issues relative to others in my line of work.
Most developers will address site performance issues at a surface level.
They’ll do some basic touch ups here and there.
And sure, that works and gets their clients faster results.
Faster results… but not lasting results…
That’s because they’re not solving things at a root level.
It’s like trying to get rid of unwanted body hair permanently… with a razor blade.
Unless you zero in on the hair follicle with laser-like precision, the sprouting won’t stop.
That’s why for me, every little detail matters.
Because my goal is to ensure your site performs like a Porsche (and not a Hyundai).
I say this because Porsche has a reputation for delivering a truly compelling driving experience to its customers… all made possible from insisting on the details.
With Porsche, the approach is full circle and at a microscopic level.
Like choosing the colors for the interior… so that it matches fashionably with the lighting of one’s home environment.
Or picking out a precise pair of wheels… so that the car looks and feels right at all times while sitting on the road.
This is the sort of integrity that affords the finest, high performing cars of the world.
And it’s exactly why I bring that approach to my work.
Because people like websites that look, act and feel like Porsches…
Especially Google as it decides who to prop up whenever someone’s searching…
For my clients, being in 1st place for as long as possible is non-negotiable given what’s at stake.
And for that reason, I don’t believe in “surface improvements”.
I Can Only Help People With TheseKinds Of Problems
Every week, I’m blessed with an inbox full of requests from people who’d like to work with me.
And given my track record for delivering results, it’s just part of the reality that a lot of people reach out and want to work with me.
But here’s the thing.
I just can’t help everyone.
If I could help everyone get life-changing results, I would.
(Courses are coming soon though! Click here to get notified when they come out.)
But part of how I do my best work is through focusing on fewer clients so that my mental bandwidth and energy isn’t spread out thin.
So to ensure quality, I only work with a few clients who meet a very specific set of conditions.
If you’d like to work with me, all you need to do is click on ““Hire Mike Andreasen”.
But before you do, please make sure meet some of the following criteria:
1. You need your WordPress to stop crashing and to be able to handle 1,000 – 10,000+ of simultaneous visitors without any issues. I can help stabilize your site and prevent it from crashing. Especially if you’re getting too popular too fast, you’ll need your site to be as robust as possible so that it runs smoothly on the front-end for your visitors and on the back-end for you and your team.
2. You have a WooCommerce shop that makes $50K – $100K in monthly revenue and needs to deliver a smooth shopping experience to avoid losing sales. In the age of Amazon, buyers expect nothing short of a fast and smooth online shopping experience. And if your site’s slowing down and crashing all the time, no one’s going to waste time jumping hoops to do business with you.
3. Your WordPress site lives mainly off organic traffic from Google and needs to maintain its search ranking. If you’re making $10,000+ in sales or affiliate commission thanks to organic traffic, you don’t want to risk losing your search rank over not meeting performance standards. Check out this simple calculator tool to find out how much money you’re leaving on the table.
4. You aren’t looking to do things on your own and would rather let an expert handle it for you. I can only help people who follow the instructions I give them. If you’re just going to pay me to do things your own way anyways, you might be better off signing up for my course instead.
5. You ARE looking to optimize your site performance on your own, but would like me to guide you in the process. Maybe you want to do things on your own and just need proper direction to do so. No problem! In that case, we’ll do a paid audit first to map out the exact strategy you need to get started. And afterwards, you can continue drawing from my expertise through on-going consulting, analysis & monitoring sessions.
6. You’re ready to address your site performance issues at the root level. Some people reach out to me because all they care about is getting a 90+ green score with their Google’s PageSpeed tests. In other words, they don’t care about long-lasting improvements, they just want instant gratification. If that’s you, then I’m not the right person to hire. Otherwise, getting and keeping the results generally takes a bit of time and some thoughtful care.
Have said all that…
If you don’t meet all these criteria but would still REALLY like to work with me… here’s what to do.
Hit the “Hire Mike Andreasen” button at the bottom of this page and take a bit of time to fill out the form. This’ll help me make sure I can help you as quickly as possible by finding out your performance needs.
Once submitted, I’ll take a look and get back to you with some solutions and resources you can use to solve your problems without breaking the bank.
Here’s How I Can Help You
If you’d like to work together, here’s what I can specifically help you with:
- Fully auditing across your site’s theme, plugins, New Relic, server, database and infrastructure so we can identify any and all causes for your site’s poor performance.
- Strengthening your site’s infrastructure so that it can handle 1,000 – 100,000+ simultaneous site visitors.
- Restructuring the code for your WordPress theme so that it looks good without taking forever to load.
- Optimizing your hosting and scrubbing the database clean so nothing interferes with fast performance for both the front and back-end.
- Untangling any messy “spaghetti code” that’s complicating your site’s vitals and ability to load faster for users.
- Compounding optimization techniques to get load times to as close to 0ms as possible.
I’m New Relic Certified! – Verify here
Proof of Results
Read the latest WooCommerce and WordPress performance troubleshooting case studies load times go down to 1 second and sites stop crashing!
Read the latest WooCommerce performance case study where the store triples their revenue!
Read the latest Google PageSpeed case study where the site goes fully green 90+!
Check the latest WooCommerce Google PageSpeed case study where the site goes from poor to fully green 90+!
Read the latest WordPress case study where Kurt earns $100k extra per year after his site stops crashing with 502 errors!
Michael had some complaints from users that his site was taking too long to load. I managed to reduce his page load time from over 30 seconds.
After my optimizations it took 945 ms to load.
That is over 30x faster!, Michael and his visitors are much happier now!
A jewelry store named Unspoiled Jewels running WooCommerce came to me because they weren’t getting any sales. I ran some speed tests, before optimization it was taking 6.65 seconds to load.
After my optimizations it took 900 ms. The site size reduced from 5.7MB to 2.1MB to load.
That is 6x faster! They sold 4 items of jewelry that same week and are selling on average 1 product daily now!
Steve was having to deal with cancelled orders and missing payments daily because his store was running so slowly. He sent me this screenshot, how frustrating and heartbreaking as a store owner! His staff also hated doing any order administration because it was agonizingly slow
After we optimized the hosting, server and application, orders were going through like a dream and the admin team was no longer dreading doing their job in the backend!
Serious WordPress Scaling
Kurt had a hugely popular site that was crashing even with very high quality hosting. After we worked together his site was able to handle more than 4000 concurrent visitors without crashing – very stable!
Read the full case study here
After another round of optimizations we were able to handle over 25,000 concurrent visitors on his WordPress site
Christian had a fast site loading in 1 second he wanted even faster!
I managed to halve that to under 500 ms
In 2020 we had a client with an average of 378 ms
After a thorough audit and several optimization phases we got it down to
211 ms average
Pleasing Google’s Speed Tests
Pleasing Google Lighthouse and PageSpeed Insights can be challenging but with enough time and effort your site can be in the Excellent category for website speed just like mine!
With the right consulting and implementation you can even get your mobile score up in the green area on Google’s Lighthouse tool
Even on the more challenging Lighthouse v6 for Largest Contentful Paint and Cumulative Layout Shift I help sites get to the green zone of 90+. My own site scores 100
Excellence in the eyes of Google can be yours so you even beat the top performers :)
You can also read about the irony of Google Pagespeed Insights
Improving GTMetrix scores
Contentful First Paint is how quickly you see consumable visual content for your website. This is absolutely crucial to pleasing your visitors – we are visual creatures!
A contentful first pain(t) of 4.4 seconds is going to cost visitors and increase bounce rate.
After optimizations we can get that crucial contentful first paint to a super fast level like 0.6s!
Or even 248ms for my own site! Google loves faster rendering time
Now even faster after new optimization techniques we pioneered for the new GTmetrix!
WordPress Admin Performance Benefits
Michael was also frustrated his wp-admin area was very slow. Who can blame him? Who wants to wait 15 seconds to manage their WordPress or WooCommerce site?
It should only take under 2 seconds in the wp-admin backend
A very popular news site in Asia was so slow you could not even access the admin area. After I spent several hours troubleshooting the results blew the client (and myself) away!
Thanks to one of my favorite hosts for the New Relic screenshot – a fantastic company with great speed and quality support.
One client had an agonizingly slow wp-admin area because of a bloated database which was excruciating to work in.
It used to take 45 seconds to perform anything there
Now it takes around 200ms after a thorough database cleanup!
Take the Leap
If you are looking to take your WordPress or WooCommerce speed optimization to the next level, let’s talk. I have extensive experience with Linux servers as a sysadmin and systems engineer on Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS and others. Server-side performance solutions like Apache, nginx, Varnish, Redis, memcached, Apache Solr and Elasticsearch are just a few of the technologies I work with daily. I can help you automate with scripting or help harden your site as well the way pros do it.
Work with WordPress Professionals
Tom Usborne from GeneratePress was my first client whom I helped move hosting to save $500 a month and improve the speed of his site. Tom has also implemented performance improvements to his themes based on my feedback. I am privileged to work with Frank Gossens (the creator of Autoptimize) to create new awesome plugins.
In my free time I write tutorials for making WordPress faster on WP Bullet Guides and design plugins to make our sites more awesome via WP Bullet. I also weightlift, enjoy watching football and assist on various WordPress groups on Facebook.
Psychology MA from University of St Andrews
Psychology MSc from University of Birmingham
Network Systems Engineer AP from EAL
Mike did an amazing job for us! We were experiencing excruciatingly slow speeds on the backend and instability on the frontend. By the end of one day, Mike had reduced our page loads on our backend down from 1 minute to 3 seconds. Our frontend also stabilized and he eliminated the 502 errors. My staff is so excited that they no longer have to wait 30+ seconds for pages to load in WP Admin. Mike is a true professional; super knowledgeable, great communicator, and very accountable. We still have some work to do, but it's comforting to know that he is there as a resource. We will definitely be using Mike again.
Mike did a great job communicating his plan, his findings and proposing next steps. He was also helpful in discussing topics that were not directly related to the project. Most striking was Mike's honesty in proposing to drop the next steps since he believed (and he was right) that they wouldn't be cost effective and cheaper solutions were available. It is a pleasure working with a developer that isn't just out to write hours, but thinks of the client's needs and puts in extra effort out of his own curiosity. I look forward to working with Mike again in the future.
This is the second time I have hired Mike and he is always very responsive and has a genuine enthusiasm to help you solve your problems. You won't find anyone who is more knowledgeable on server configs and caching solutions than Mike, he will even educate your hosting company! He is an excellent communicator who takes the time to make sure you understand the problem at hand without jargon and he is a nice guy too. I highly recommend you hire Mike, he is worth every penny.
Mike was incredibly helpful, and took the time to carefully explain my options even though I am not very techy so I had to really be walked through steps. I am already getting ready to hire him for an additional project. Cannot recommend highly enough!
Mike has gone above and beyond in helping us undersatnd a serious performance issue with our woocommerce site. He has helped us develop a plan for putting things right and introduced us to other people who can help, people we would never have found on our own. I cannot recommend him or his work highly enough.
Excellent help! He was able to show us a perfectly clear path to speeding up our site and it feels like it isn't such a minefield anymore! Thank you for all your help Mike!
Mike is simply the best and clearly laid out a plan of action for my site. Highly recommended!
Mike was great. Very friendly and approachable guy, but also extremely knowledgable at what he does. He always communicated well, responding to my messages in good time. I've gained a huge amount from this project, which his all thanks to Mike. I'd have no hesitation in using his services again and recommending him to others.
Mike did a great job auditing my website. Everything was clearly explained. He's answering very quickly to my questions. I recommend !
Mike did a great job in our initial call understanding our needs and provided needed insight and direction.
Mike was very straightforward and clear in our first consultation. He really helped me understand what was causing the speed problems in my website. I'll be glad to hire him again in the future.
I hired Mike for a 2 hour consultation call so he could help us identify why our Core Web Vitals field metrics was so bad and what we should do to fix this. Before talking to him we knew our website had foundational issues that we've been trying to cover up with plugins like Nitropack and other solutions but we just didn't know the best way to move forward. He was extremely helpful about what we should do and where we should start and gave us a list of recommendations (host, theme, way of building our site, plugin swaps and general best practices) to take our site form where it is to the point we want it to be. Any true expert can give useful recommendations, but Mike's transparency and honesty is what makes him stand out. He will tell you what he can do best but also what could be done better by someone else. He will also tell you what is worth doing and what is not or at least give you clear expectations on what are the benefits of doing something or not so you can evaluate and make decisions with the right information. He's a no brainer.