Worried that your site visitors are leaving too early? Is your site getting a lot of traffic, but few sales or signups?
Hey there, stranger! 👋 My name is Marc and I design websites that turn traffic into customers.
In the past 7 years, I’ve learned what it takes to get results, and I’d love to put that experience to work for you.
🖥️ Recent Work
You can find the full list of my projects, as well as case studies on the exact steps we took to get them there on my website: https://marcmcdougall.com
Here’s a few of my favorites…
SafeSend wanted to reframe their SaaS offering to make sure that the messaging was clear, and that the site didn’t get in the way of their customers.
(Note that I did not build the final design you see here. Rather, I kicked off the project with discovery & wireframes, and then handed it off to the fantastic Luca Ottolini)
Site URL: https://www.safesendsoftware.com
Case Study: https://marcmcdougall.com/portfolio/safesend-software
BizNews wanted to dramatically simplify their site to improve the viewing experience for their customers, and make it more likely that they sign up for their premium offering.
Reach Cambridge (Registration Flow)
The RC team wanted me to make it trivial for prospective students to signup for a summer school experience.
Cointree wanted a modern, simplified experience to position itself as a leader in the digital currency space.
Case Study: https://marcmcdougall.com/portfolio/cointree
🤫 My Secret Sauce
You can rest assured knowing that I have a tried and true 3-step process from getting you from “my site is giving me problems” to “my site is an asset for my business”…
- Discovery: I’ll immerse myself in your business to get a detailed understanding of the context surrounding your project.
- Design: I’ll design your site visually, and get it in front of real people to ensure that the experience is simple and user-friendly.
- Development: I’ll build and test your site on most modern web and mobile browsers, then deploy it for you.
🌟 Are you a good fit?
If I haven’t said this enough already, I specialize exclusively in designing and building sites that turn traffic into customers.
Typically, this includes…
- Doing a whole bunch of customer discovery (interviews, mostly).
- Rebuilding your on-boarding flow (if it makes sense).
- Refactoring your site copy to make the messaging simpler (and resonate with customers).
- Redesigning the site experience, if it’s getting in the way.
My design style leans on building clean & simple experiences that remove the hoops your customers have to jump through to start doing business with you.
🦄 What makes me unique?
Here’s 3 strengths of mine that set me apart:
- I don’t prescribe solutions until I fully understand the problem. Sometimes this takes a few days, sometimes weeks. Nonetheless, it has to be done and it’s shocking to me that this is omitted so often.
- Radical honesty — I won’t shy away from having frank and meaningful conversations about the problems you’re facing.
- I seem to have a superpower that lets me distill down complex, abstract business messaging into simple ideas that resonate with customers.
In a nutshell, every pixel we build together will be aligned with specific business goals that we’ll define together, which I’ll extract after obtaining a solid understanding of the problem you’re facing through really deep and honest conversations.
My main weakness: I’m a hopeless neurotic. Although this helps me criticize my own work, oftentimes I can overcomplicate otherwise simple solutions.
I’m also allergic to gluten. ;)
Extreme professionalism as we discussed our project's vision with Marc in this consultation where he laid out in understandable terms the full scope of our concept and addressed all of our concerns beyond expectation.
Marc is a real professional. Did the research and investigative work that was needed to deliver a great solution. He presented his ideas clearly, not only in his design work, but also in written and video communication. I appreciate working with people like Marc who are detail oriented and highly skilled. Will gladly work with again!
This was my first time using Codeable, and thanks to Marc, I had a FANTASTIC experience. He was thorough, thoughtful in his work, and helped guide me on website best practices, since this is a space that's unfamiliar to me. He was clear, concise, and kind, and I'll certainly hire him again!
Despite deciding not to proceed with the project at this time, Marc was very helpful and responsive throughout the consultation process and made Codeable an enjoyable experience for us.
Awesome human! Helping me on something that has given me great stress and making me feel like I can sleep again.
Brilliant and dedicated to resolve the task at hand. We had a few blips but Marc was professional and quick to find a resolve. Thank you so much!
Marc is very easy to work with and follows up quickly on all tasks. Weekly meetings kept project on schedule. Would recommend!