Top-tier consultant with years of commercial experience under my belt and currently Chief Technology Officer (CTO) at Backlinko.
I’ve built my career based on nerdy technology knowledge (in the WordPress realm, and related areas that a successful business needs in order to function today), the ability to apply this to business effectively, and a clear understanding of most common obstacles, frequently occurring issues and best practices when it comes to handling your business’ web presence.
I’ve created WordPress web sites, Gravity Forms integrations, WordPress site API integrations, and more, as well as tackling email deliverability, comparing payment processors, web hosts, server architecture, picking the best task management platform or support desk solution, and so on.
On top of this, working with me is easy.
My track record
In addition to my current position as CTO, I’ve previously consulted and coded for big names that you likely will have heard of in SEO, fitness and insurance.
There are a number of additional projects of which I’m particularly proud:
– I’ve created an entire call centre system for an insurance company (quite a challenge!)
– I’ve created a locator integrating google maps and the WP-API
– I’ve created an innovative slider plugin from scratch for a client using Backbone JS for the front-end, and WordPress’ native gallery shortcode
– I’ve crafted an entire “client area” solution for a client in the real estate niche, allowing the company to administer agents (using underscore JS for the front-end), and the agents to track their inventory and place orders (using Gravity Forms and Custom Post Types)
– I’ve integrated an extremely cool startup company’s service into WordPress as a plugin (and will soon be able to offer more info’ on this when it goes public).
I always like to challenge myself with interesting projects, pushing the WordPress platform to do interesting things. Therefore, I like taking on projects with API integrations, custom plugin creation (or modification), and Gravity Forms Add-Ons.
But I also appreciate the pleasure of creating a good, solid WordPress theme from scratch.
Me + Codeable
Codeable is suitable for me because it allows me to focus on what I do best, which is development and thinking of great ideas, and unburdens me from what would be the more administrative side of my work usually.
I attended Plymouth University and have a degree in Computer Science, which set me up well for coding in the real world!
Outside of work
When I’m not coding, I enjoy reading and blogging about Politics, recording demos, learning languages (albeit slowly) and listening to opera.
Lloyd made it possible that our 'vision' for this plugin became reality. We can't wait to work with him again really soon. But stay away, we want him for our selves! :)
Very professional and always available. Great coding skills. Will definitely use again!
Awesome as always.!
Took time to explain and provided a great solution!
Lloyd handled this task quickly, no revisions were necessary. Great coder and very a pleasant communicator!
It's great to work with Lloyd, he understands quickly what I'm asking and delivers very good work!
Lloyd is great! Very polite and nice and patient! Will be working with him again. He helped me get a spam blocker set up quickly and efficiently.
Lloyd is very understanding and is quickly capable of grasping my ideas. Looking forward to working with him in the future!