The most important thing to know about me as a developer is that it is always my top priority to find the most elegant and expedient solutions for my clients, no matter what technical challenges they may face!
I was first introduced to WordPress while working as the webmaster for the Computer Science Department at the University of Rhode Island in 2006, so I have been happily coding on the platform for the better part of 14 years!
Brief Professional History
Luckily, I have had the privilege to work in many diverse areas/companies, such as:
- The developer of a reverse auction site for used car parts.
- The core maintainer of a middle-tier service linking a proprietary database to a web front-end.
- A developer tasked with reverse engineering and enhancing a popular massively multi-player online role-playing game.
- The CTO of a marketing agency serving myriad clients, from small one-person startups to enterprise real estate management firms.
- The senior architect of an email marketing SaaS platform.
- The lead engineer of an online multiplayer collectible card game.
- A senior engineer for advertising and brand management-related services at an international credit card company.
This has allowed me to ramp up on many of the core technologies needed for today’s web, including:
- HTML, CSS and vanilla JS (the basics)
- PHP, jQuery and MySQL (the WordPress basics)
- Node.js, React and Electron (the fun new backend and frontend technologies)
- Java and C/C++ (the standard enterprise languages every developer should know)
- x86 assembly and IDA (reverse engineering 101)
- I am a die-hard Star Wars fan, so my close friends call me Jedi.
- I am frequently described as a man who thinks “outside-of-the-box”, since I come up with novel solutions to problems.
- I play a mean saxophone! 😉