Full Stack WordPress Developer
Full Stack Developer; PHP, JS / jQuery, HTML5 and CSS3 professional; Specializing in custom WordPress Plugin and Theme Development.
Two Important notes about me
- I attended and graduated from college with a degree in this field!
- Unlike others, this is my full-time job! No moonlighting here.
Check me out!
Why I choose WordPress
I fell into WordPress more than ten years ago and not because I wanted to. I had a client that outsourced to a developer that did not deliver. Some of us have been there, and so I agreed to try and complete. As a young developer with no experience in WordPress, I fell in love with the documentation, the codex. I have learned a lot since then and have worked in every area of WordPress.
- BuddyPress and BBpress.
- Multisite, when it was a plugin and not apart of the core.
- Shopp, WP-E-commerce, and WooCommerce.
- Gravity Forms, Ninja Forms and Contact Form 7.
- Download Monitor, Redirection, and Search Everything.
- Custom wp-admin sections.
- White-labeling the wp-admin area.
The point here is I have developed themes, plugins, integrated multiple plugins, used BackPress as a framework; all in the past ten years.
Did you purchase your theme and need modifications? I excel at converting PSD files to child themes, make changes, perform updates or even custom develop a solution to fit your specific requirements. Here are a few custom WordPress themes I have completed in the past.
We all love screenshots!
- More examples at the bottom in links!
Plugins help add functionality that would otherwise take months to develop. In the past ten years, I have worked on many, integrated a few, and developed some of my own. Here’s a list of what I use every week, but if it’s for WordPress, there is a good chance I can help.
- WooCommerce Woo Invoices, Dynamic Pricing, PDF Invoices, Product Add-ons, Subscriptions, Price Based on Country, and WPC Product Bundles for WooCommerce
- YITH WooCommerce plugins
- Gravity Forms
- W3 Total Cache
- WP Rocket
- iThemes Security (formerly Better WP Security)
- The Events Calendar by Modern Tribe
- ACF (Advanced Custom Fields)
- Yoast SEO
Here are a few custom plugins I have developed.
In over 14 years, I have worked with more than a handful of third-party APIs. Like plugins, they help to add functionality that someone else developed. Here are a few to mention, but feel free to ask if there is one you have in mind that isn’t listed below.
- Google Analytics, Maps, and Translate API.
- Social APIs like Twitter and Facebook.
- Newsletter systems and CRM’s like Constant Contact, MailChimp, and WhatCounts.
- Merchants like Paypal, PayPal payments pro, USAepay, Stripe, and Authorize.net.
- Others like VTS and SmugMug.
Debugging is an art; not everyone has the experience, and most that claim they do don’t have the right tools. This is what I excel in, and I use the phrase ** “Pulling WordPress by the horns!”**. I can debug most applications locally, with little effort and time. This is helpful when errors or issues are found but are not easily tracked down using everyday tools. When a problem has stumped most, when other developers add hacks, I can be the solution that is needed to complete the task the right way!
I choose to debug and test on actual devices and NOT in emulators. On my desk, in my office, I have these devices:
- MacBook Mojave.
- Ubuntu(Linux) Laptop w/touch.
- Windows 8.1 and 10 Tablet PC’s w/touch.
- iPad 2018.
- Samsung Galaxy 10 tablet.
- Nexus 7 tablet.
- iPhones 11 and 4.
- Pixel 4, Samsung Galaxy S5 Active, Galaxy S, and LG Escape 2 Android phones.
Yes, I am certified and continue to learn as much as possible so I can offer better service to my clients.
He deserves them.
Jeremy was awesome to work with. We were able to accomplish everything we set out to do, and then some! I highly recommend working with Jeremy and we will be sure to reach out to him in the future.
Jeremy is an excellent communicator and easy to work with. I greatly appreciate his attention to detail, responsiveness, and professional attitude. I will certainly look to Jeremy again for future projects!
Outstanding work from Jeremy, incredibly thorough with great attention to detail. He now fully understands the project, and we can kick on with further improvements.
Jeremy offered great help and professional advice. Will definitely work with him again in the near future.
Jeremy has been very easy to work with. He understood what we wanted to achieve straight away, and he was very easy to communicate with. The project was finished quickly and professionally. We are sure to use Jeremy again for future projects.
Outstanding problem solving and product delivered from Jeremy. Every bug was solved and every feature request was taken care of. Very careful willingness to understand the full taks in the estimate-phase. We are 100% satisfied with the service Jeremy provided. My best experience with outsourcing development work so far! Thank you :)!
I found Mr. Selph to be one of the best consultants I have talked with. He was fully engaged in how he could help us. He was completely conversant with WordPress and the issues we wished to discuss. Following our initial consultation, he promptly summed up our discussion in a useful set of bullet points that will allow us to make informed choices going forward.