Hey there! I’m Dan :)
Why Work With Me?
Hopefully, if you are reading this you are already interested in working with me, and that means I’m doing the most important part of my job: Building your trust in me as not only a knowledgable developer but also as a reliable partner on your project. I will take the time to understand you and your business because I strongly believe that a good working relationship is the foundation of any successful project.
I’m always happy to take time to make sure that I fully understand the problem, and that the decision-maker understands all available options, without going into overwhelming technical jargon when it’s not necessary.
In addition to the above, I love solving problems with software and I firmly believe that any problem can be solved. I care about every project that I work on and, as such, I always strive to provide excellent quality.
My Work Experience
I specialize in full-stack Web Development, with a focus on back-end. My expertise lies in building custom themes, plugins, and extending functionality for WordPress and WooCommerce.
I’ve been working professionally with WordPress since 2012, and I’ve been writing software for fun since 2003. I built my skills working at local, tight-knit web agencies on projects ranging from local pizza shops to large-scale health care networks. Recently, I’ve decided to focus fully on freelancing.
Due to the nature of working on small teams, I have become very comfortable working directly with business stakeholders. I’m equally capable of working with clients who are very technical, and clients who have never worked with a developer before.
If you are a developer or technical person looking for assistance with something you are stuck on, I have plenty of experience working with other developers, teaching concepts, and live debugging.
What Can I Do For You?
- Build custom WordPress themes
- Build custom WordPress plugins
- Extension of existing theme or plugin functionality
- Build foundational themes for re-use
- Maintenance, Backups, & Updates
- Custom API Implementations
- WordPress Troubleshooting & Debug Assistance
- Code review & live coding assistance
- WordPress training
- Site speed review & optimization
- Hack cleanup and security setup
- Multisite configuration
The Technical Stuff
If you’re interested in the TL;DR version, below you’ll find a list of my skills and environments I’m comfortable with.
- HTML, CSS, & Sass
- WordPress Multisite
- Experience with WP-Cron, as well as WP with real cron
- Experience using Git and popular hosting platforms like GitHub, and BitBucket.
- Comfortable on the command line
- Linux: Ubuntu & Centos
- AWS: Elastic Beanstalk & S3 – Both in a WordPress context, as well as other software stacks
- Unity C#
- InMotion Hosting
- Gravity Forms
- WooCommerce: Including deep experience with high-traffic, physical goods sales
- WooCommerce Subscriptions
- WP Rocket: General configuration, as well as customization for highly dynamic functionality
- Yoast: Configuration & Customization