I played with Photoshop when I was 12 and created my first website when I was 14. By 17, I had sold my first template for a gaming CMS and somewhere around 22, I took a dive into WordPress. Eventually, I got somewhat hooked with the web and its possibilities and wanted to focus my career on it. I worked at digital agencies as a trainee or employee since 2012, currently, as 27 years old I work as a full-time freelancer supporting companies and entrepreneurs in designing, building, and maintaining scalable websites, custom functionalities, eCommerce solutions, and API connections. In addition to my daily work, I like to follow the latest trends and developments in WordPress and web development.
By being dual-roled as web- designer and developer I can take on projects on my own and see them through to delivery. I have high respect for quality and attention to detail, it’s very important for me that websites work pixel perfect on every device and it goes to a strict quality assurance (QA) process, preventing mistakes and defects. Next to it, I’m always actively looking for opportunities where I can take effective actions.
More about me and my work: https://brandonkramer.cc
What can you expect from me?
– Prototyping: I can start off designing a prototype first based on the requirements. This allows us to test the product at an early stage and checks if our noses are heading the same direction (as we say in Dutch).
– Responsive & mobile-first: I take the time to ensure that the product makes the right first impression on every device and to every potential customer.
– Custom functionalities: I can help develop specific custom-tailored solutions or API connections for your business and implement it into your custom theme, child theme, or as a plugin.
– Web structure for SEO: I write search-engine friendly code and structure all websites with keywords and metadata in all the right places.
– SVG’s, icon fonts + retina: I make sure to use SVGs and icon fonts whenever possible for their crisp, clean appearance and fast loading speed.
– Intuitive admin panels: Your custom-tailored product and every piece of content will be fully editable and easy to manage.
– Speed & performance: I make sure your website load fast using speed testing tools to measure and optimize on-page size, load time, and render time.
– Security hardening: I make sure that the product follows the best security practices so it’s safe against vulnerabilities, security breaches, and hackers.
– Quality assurance: I test your product in all modern browsers, and mobile devices using various tools, making sure everything works correctly before release.
– Close collaboration: Our partnership includes frequent feedback sessions and direct communication which is crucial for success.
For my process, I use the following proven combination of frameworks, processors, plugins, tools, back-end, and front-end languages.
- Design & prototyping: Sketch/Photoshop/Framer/Invision
- Back-end tooling: PHP 7+, NGINX/Apache, MySQL/MariaDB, GraphQL, Composer, Postman, ACF, Query monitor
- Management & IDE: PHPStorm, Github, Docker
–E-mail development: MJML, Litmus, MailChimp
–Other systems I’m experienced in: Laravel, Shopify, Lightspeed
Custom WordPress for coffee company
Webdesign en Custom WordPress site for digital agency
Custom website for product agency
Webdesign and Custom WordPress website for health care company
Custom wordPress site with extensive rental / booking system
Webdesign en Custom WordPress for travel agency
Custom WordPress shop with extensive configurations
Custom WordPress site with Golfsystem API, Track occupation calendar with API & Open Weather Map API
Brandon was SO helpful. As someone with very little experience with web development he was so patient and so fast to respond and fix the issue. I would recommend him to anybody and will definitely be seeking his help in the future!
Price seemed high for the tiny css edit needed
My experience with Brandon has been very satisfying. We had a simple need, and after clarifying a couple of things, he provided an efficient, effective solution. Great experience!