I’m a new recruit to Codeable but certainly not new to the programming game.
With over 15 years of experience in the industry, I bring extensive technical expertise coupled with outstanding communication skills to the table. Having over 5 years of experience with the WordPress platform, I’ve worked with numerous plugins, themes and hosting platforms. During this period I’ve obtained some valuable skills including the ability to rapidly become familiar with new business processes/systems and have perfected a troubleshooting workflow to pinpoint the sources of issues. With a decade of experience working as an app developer across the full project lifecycle, I’m still hungry for solving problems and developing great solutions for my customers.
* Developed a student course selector page that was integrated with an external student software system to allow users to enrol and pay for a subscription-based Pilates education service.
* Customized a WooCommerce Subscriptions integration to enable varied scheduled payment plans based on a student’s prior educational completion.
* Dramatically improved the website’s load times by implementing deferred script loading, compressed images, caching, and CDN services.
* Cleaned the website of malicious code and added anti-hacking measures by incorporating Securi and various other WordPress security hardening measures after a site hack.
* Converted the site to use the security of SSL encryption to protect user login credentials from being viewed.
* Created a course calendar via API calls from an external software system to display an aggregated view of student deadlines and attendance dates. This prevented the duplicate of static course information as it could be sourced from one place improving the maintainability of the system.
* Scheduled functions utilizing a real CRON service and not the default WordPress schedule service which relies on users visiting the site to trigger the scheduler.
Early Childhood Australia
* Converted a static HTML eCommerce site into a dynamic, WooCommerce powered platform with the ability to sell physical, virtual, and subscription items.
* Created a personalized PDF Terms and Conditions upon the purchase of electronically distributed teaching materials.
* Performed regular testing and scheduling of WordPress plugin and core updates.
* Developed a custom shipping plugin to meet the business requirements of the client.
* Implemented a booking system to allow the selling of ticketed educational events around the country.
* Performed a seamless integration of additional customer demographic details into the customer’s account page.
Have I Bean
- Utilizes numerous APIs including the Google Place API to aggregate data for places in your vicinity to dine and drink at.
- AJAX filtering and pagination to browse places around you including the ability to show places closest to you.
- Push and email notifications to notify users of new places in their city.
- HTML5 Geolocation to calculate a user’s position in order to show them places in their vicinity.
- AWS Rekognition API used to read the text on a menu image and store the meals and drinks as metadata to allow users to search for specific items.
- Badges and reward system to recognise user participation in the project.
Second job with Andrew and will come back for more!
Andrew gave me a whole new experience in terms of responsiveness and communication that I never experienced before. It was hard to keep up with him finalizing tasks. Would/will definetly hire him again for future projects or tasks.
By far the most pro-active and helpful developer we have dealt with to date (and there have been a few!...) Will certainly seek out Andrew for future dev and maintenance help.
Top job - highly recommended
Andrew did an absolutely amazing job with every aspect of my project. He communicated eagerly and finished the tasks way ahead of his proposed schedule. I can't wait to work with him again.
Will definitely get in touch with Andrew for future projects. Communication was superb and quality was fantastic.
Very fast and friendly
Did a good job. Communication was a labor. Several times did not respond to direct questions. Time difference and his holiday did not help. Took way too long.
Did exactly what was needed. Very good understanding of what was required. Very quick.