I’m a new recruit to Codeable but certainly not new to the programming game.
With over 15 years of experience in the industry, I bring extensive technical expertise coupled with outstanding communication skills to the table. Having over 5 years of experience with the WordPress platform, I’ve worked with numerous plugins, themes and hosting platforms. During this period I’ve obtained some valuable skills including the ability to rapidly become familiar with new business processes/systems and have perfected a troubleshooting workflow to pinpoint the sources of issues. With a decade of experience working as an app developer across the full project lifecycle, I’m still hungry for solving problems and developing great solutions for my customers.
* Scraping data from 3rd party websites and API querying to return data via cron tasks.
* Custom theme design based on the Underscores starter theme using Bootstrap 4.
* Optimized image sizes, CSS/JS minimizing/concatenation, SVG icons to reduce bloating of page size resulting in a 99% score on GTmetrix PageSpeed.
* Developed a student course selector page that was integrated with an external student software system to allow users to enrol and pay for a subscription-based Pilates education service.
* Customized a WooCommerce Subscriptions integration to enable varied scheduled payment plans based on a student’s prior educational completion.
* Dramatically improved the website’s load times by implementing deferred script loading, compressed images, caching, and CDN services.
* Cleaned the website of malicious code and added anti-hacking measures by incorporating Securi and various other WordPress security hardening measures after a site hack.
* Converted the site to use the security of SSL encryption to protect user login credentials from being viewed.
* Created a course calendar via API calls from an external software system to display an aggregated view of student deadlines and attendance dates. This prevented the duplicate of static course information as it could be sourced from one place improving the maintainability of the system.
* Scheduled functions utilizing a real CRON service and not the default WordPress schedule service which relies on users visiting the site to trigger the scheduler.
Early Childhood Australia
* Converted a static HTML eCommerce site into a dynamic, WooCommerce powered platform with the ability to sell physical, virtual, and subscription items.
* Created a personalized PDF Terms and Conditions upon the purchase of electronically distributed teaching materials.
* Performed regular testing and scheduling of WordPress plugin and core updates.
* Developed a custom shipping plugin to meet the business requirements of the client.
* Implemented a booking system to allow the selling of ticketed educational events around the country.
* Performed a seamless integration of additional customer demographic details into the customer’s account page.
Have I Bean
- Utilizes numerous APIs including the Google Place API to aggregate data for places in your vicinity to dine and drink at.
- AJAX filtering and pagination to browse places around you including the ability to show places closest to you.
- Push and email notifications to notify users of new places in their city.
- HTML5 Geolocation to calculate a user’s position in order to show them places in their vicinity.
- AWS Rekognition API used to read the text on a menu image and store the meals and drinks as metadata to allow users to search for specific items.
- Badges and reward system to recognise user participation in the project.
Andrew has been personable and professional throughout our interactions. Beyond this, he is extremely responsive, reliable, and gracious.
Cool, smart and patience. Andrew understands what I want in the first 15 mins talking with him. He will help you to consider and design things around your requirements. He balances very well in helping you to do what you want and how program/coding/tech works. I asked stupid questions and all get responded with professional + easy to understand answers. Recommend!
Very responsive and quick, quality work.
Andrew was very helpful and efficient. The job was difficult due to the obfuscated database within LearnDash. Andrew persevered and got the job done.
Andrew did an excellent job on our project. He was very thorough and patient with us. We have limited knowledge on WP and WooCommerce and he really took his time in his explanations and has now taken our site to the next level. Thanks to Andrew we are now able to automate our business which allows us to be more efficient with our time. We couldn't be more grateful to have such an experienced developer on our side. We feel so much more confident about our e-commerce website and its foundation. Before meeting Andrew, we felt very lost with with our website and lost countless hours manually inputting information. We look forward to working with him on future projects.
Hello, Andrew helped me with a part of my website which I did not understand. I was a complex project with a lot of code. I am very pleased with the result.
Because despite my asking lots of dumb questions Andrew always responded with professionalism
Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
Andrew was incredible to work with! We had been searching for months to find a developer that could complete this addition to our website for us. Andrew was quick to reply, completed the job super fast and communication was great. We're super pleased with the final product. Thanks Andrew!
Andrew is effing awesome. I hope he will continue working with us.
Andrew provided an exceptional experience during this project. I found him to be very professional, competent, responsive, insightful, and helpful to get this project done correctly the first time and on time. It is very easy to give him my highest recommendation.
Quick, efficient, friendly, knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with.
Andrew was exceptionally communicative, transparent, and professional in his work.